Smile!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A post!

I'm not quite sure how to get it out. Hell, I'm not all that sure what it is. I suppose marriage is a pretty big part of it. I don't understand why that little piece of paper that says we're all couple like is such a big deal. There was no ceremony, there won't be until December 12, 2012. There was no one there but Andrea, and that's because she was our officiant. Really it was a two and a half minute process where she handed me the license, we filled it out, signed it, and turned it back in. It shouldn't be that big a deal. Sure my name changed, but really, so what? I HATED my last name, mostly because it was my sperm donor's name and changing it was stupid expensive. So, new last name, same relationship. We still bicker over stupid shit, we still mess around, we still eye each other across the living room. And it's not like married sex is any different from non-married sex. So... why is everything different?


Also, I'm totally going to re-watch Witchblade. Because I love it and I can.

1 comment:

  1. Looky, I found your blog. Now I shall write all over it. Cuz I have an answer. See, I met Chris 12 years ago. (And he's also someone that very few people bothered to really get to know beyond the caricature of G.O.Dy.)And I love him so much I sometimes get mad at myself for it. That's kinda hard to explain, so I'll go back to the easy thing. Getting married makes everything be more. More dedicated, more inextricably linked together, more committed, more safe. It makes it more real. It's like love plus technicolor. And I'm so happy for you that you found that out.

    ReplyDelete